IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V < Back 1 2 3 4 Next >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Our Generation, Is Insane and Lame?...
Avs
post May 1 2006, 07:21 AM
Post #21

The riddle wrapped around a mystery in the center of a enigma.
Group Icon

Role: Members
Enrolled: 20-January 06
Student ID: 3,979

I kind of thought that was intended, since from the start she appears to be out of place (the guys all leave, then she wakes up and starts singing). It kind of seemed like she was making fun of the guys though honestly (not like that affects my opinion), but yeah she is cute.

Yeah Id also like to know what is ultra controversial, maybe its a parody of the recent SR2 battle royale, or perhaps Ami's holding of that bread is suggestively similar to what a girl can do with a banana or a popsicle. I was hoping SOzuken would do a follow up on that.

Avs
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Teks
post May 1 2006, 08:44 AM
Post #22

Sir! Yes Sir!
Group Icon

Enrolled: 1-January 06
Student ID: 3,860
My Yagami Idol(s): Harima

There should be a third option, because it's really not bad at all. And when you think about it, the Scramble video clip did not exactly make sense either but it's still good ne.

user posted image
+Quote Post
Ch1cken
post May 1 2006, 10:25 AM
Post #23

Chicken
Group Icon

Enrolled: 7-April 06
Student ID: 4,580
My Yagami Idol(s): Suou Mikoto

The end made me crack up especially the guy on the right:

IPB Image

School Rumble Forever!
user posted image
+Quote Post
Stryker
post May 1 2006, 11:25 AM
Post #24

Group Icon

Enrolled: 6-July 05
Student ID: 3,188

I was "....." the whole time watching the video... I would have to choose 1.

Does anyone really think that the School Rumble Ending theme by Yuko Ogura really fits into the whole SR story any better than this video??
+Quote Post
Klibbnisse
post May 1 2006, 01:37 PM
Post #25

Group Icon

Enrolled: 31-December 05
Student ID: 3,854
My Yagami Idol(s): Sawachika Eri

Somewhere between 1 and 2... the first op was uniqe in any apect. First time I watched School Rumble I thougth: "WTF!? Spinning round 'n round!? omgwtfbbq lol!"

something like that. I didn't get that reaction in this op, it's just to average, but it isn't bad so I can't say it's a 1.

Well, I kinda like the song and this video is pretty wierd... also, is the translation right?

"We are the 2nd class, biatch!!" :/

Well, from one thing to another. There's some thing that's really disturbing me... the ending themes! The first one was great! It was fun and it has so cool lyrics. But the second ed... where did all the funny things go? At that spot i wonder if School Rumble would become an average comedy-anime... the wierd op and the totally awesome ed was replaced with some average stuff...

Well, I've only seen the first two episodes of the second season and I'm happy that I was wrong ^^

Banana!
+Quote Post
the shepard
post May 1 2006, 05:21 PM
Post #26

Sheepish anime fanboy^^
Group Icon

Enrolled: 26-December 04
Student ID: 247

really.. japanese people should stop translating their anime movements/thingies to real life dry.gif

i choose for #1

IPB Image
the shepard - Gunner of the 2nd Shining Wizard squadron and Commander of the Sheep Army.
Best Wheelbarrow rider: theshepard - thanks i am honered to be that! ^^
IPB Image
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Schonbeck
post May 1 2006, 05:34 PM
Post #27

Group Icon

Enrolled: 1-May 06
Student ID: 5,478

Where's the third option?

"OMG that smile is creepy! It's etched to my eyes! Someone, tear them out!!"

Seriously, what's up with that smile?

I actually liked the song, but I have to go for option one... Since it's the only option that involves burning that thing with fire.
+Quote Post
Roque
post May 1 2006, 08:20 PM
Post #28

Third Regent of the Yakumo FC (Former)
Group Icon

Enrolled: 16-December 04
Student ID: 180
My Yagami Idol(s): Tsukamoto Yakumo

1, solely on the virtue that nobody can make a good video on as uninspired and cookiecutter an OP as 2nd Semester.

If you want some really good J-videos, I suggest you watch this one right here: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7122640757487501917

IPB Image
+Quote Post
AnotherBovine
post May 1 2006, 08:25 PM
Post #29

AnotherBovine
Group Icon

Enrolled: 24-April 06
Student ID: 5,278

Hey, I'm new here so stick with me,
First of all i wasn't too big of a fan of the video for the 2nd season OP but i did download the S1 Op and i thought it was awesome, i was wondering if they made a video for the ending theme of SR season 1, i loved that song! Does anyone know what it would be called or where i could get it? thanks!

-moo

Wow in two seconds i found out what it was called but is there a music video for it floating around for it anywhere. for Onna no Ko Otoko no Ko. That song is like crack!
+Quote Post
Fabian
post May 1 2006, 08:27 PM
Post #30

Group Icon

Enrolled: 1-December 04
Student ID: 24
My Yagami Idol(s): Tenma-chan

I don't like the MV but in my opinion the song itself and SR's new opening isn't all that bad. Scramble was better through.
+Quote Post
don vercetti
post May 1 2006, 08:56 PM
Post #31

Messenger, and thirteenth member of The Enlightened
Group Icon

Enrolled: 21-January 06
Student ID: 3,983
My Yagami Idol(s): Tsukamoto Tenma, Sawachika Eri

QUOTE(AnotherBovine @ May 1 2006, 10:26 PM)
Wow in two seconds i found out what it was called but is there a music video for it floating around for it anywhere.  for Onna no Ko Otoko no Ko.  That song is like crack!

If you take a look in the Tenma fan club, in the thread "The real Tenma-chan", you'll find the link in post #3 wink.gif

user posted image
+Quote Post
lovers_express
post May 2 2006, 12:06 AM
Post #32

Group Icon

Enrolled: 26-December 05
Student ID: 3,804
My Yagami Idol(s): Tsukamoto Tenma

#1?
+Quote Post
Smartbone
post May 2 2006, 01:50 AM
Post #33

Group Icon

Enrolled: 29-April 06
Student ID: 5,415
My Yagami Idol(s): Harima

i kinda like it...

#2 smile.gif
+Quote Post
Theundyingmage
post May 2 2006, 01:59 AM
Post #34

^This is the Director General of the Eri Army
Group Icon

Enrolled: 19-February 05
Student ID: 997
My Yagami Idol(s): Hoc-chan! aka Eri-chan aka Ojou

#1 for me.

But what would you think of the clip if they animated it with School Rumble characters.

Harima as the Boss
Tenma as Ami.

Tenma doesn't wake up and has really fallen asleep in the opening would be funny as hell I reckon. laugh.gif

And during the first freeze frame Tenma falls over because she loses balance. laugh.gif

Maybe they can do an animated version as the opening clip for the anime smile.gif

IPB Image

Just back from Japan with a truck load of Hoc-chan stuff.
+Quote Post
Avs
post May 2 2006, 02:35 AM
Post #35

Group Icon

QUOTE(Ch1cken @ May 1 2006, 03:25 AM)

IPB Image

Yeah this is the guy I was talking about when they were walking down the hall. He kind of reminds me of someone I know... ohmy.gif

Well if they animated almost all of it I dont think it would have been a PV. But certainly if they took Jin and stuck him in there as Harima, and then put a tenma look-a-like in there, I bet they would have had a completely different plot and it probably would have been badass. I guess it would be long the lines of a SR AMV turned live action instead of a PV turned AMV.

Avs
+Quote Post
surveyork
post May 2 2006, 03:40 AM
Post #36

Group Icon

Enrolled: 14-April 06
Student ID: 4,940

QUOTE(khryoleoz @ Apr 30 2006, 11:41 PM)
I go with #1. The video is uninspired, but worse is this OP theme itself (the ED as well), which I can't agree to being associated with SR. (...) Who wrote this thing? Scramble was a lot better.

khryoleoz, did you read my mind? smile.gif

I go with #1. I think now the OP song's got the video it deserves.

As for the kawaiiness of the singer... I've seen kawaiier singers.

I definitely think we should sign a petition to get Scramble and Onna no koto back.
+Quote Post
SOzuken
post May 2 2006, 04:41 AM
Post #37

School Rumble Forever!
Group Icon

Role: Wannabe Admin
Enrolled: 25-November 04
Student ID: 2
My Yagami Idol(s): Tenma-chan as always!

Alright, firstly let me clarify that the options #1 and #2 I put up were merely there to rile up your feelings towards the video with some extremism. I didn't literally mean that you would need to choose one or the other, but rather, let us know how you felt about it.

QUOTE(Avs @ May 1 2006, 03:21 PM)
Yeah Id also like to know what is ultra controversial, maybe its a parody of the recent SR2 battle royale, or perhaps Ami's holding of that bread is suggestively similar to what a girl can do with a banana or a popsicle. I was hoping SOzuken would do a follow up on that.

It seems to be unapparent due to the lack of support for the video here on the forums, but believe it or not, there are people who absolutely love the video. But to be frank, the 'controversial' bit was probably not meant in the past tense, but rather I anticipated to see some mixed arguments over whether it was good or not, and given that the publishers allowed this song to be the SR theme means they approve of it, but now the fans don't?

If it means anything, the YouTube rating is almost a full 5 stars:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03-2TdbTA4A

Personally, I just like it. I don't think they did a bad job. To me, it represents the craziness and senselessness that SR is well-known for. What could be a better predicament than have "The Boss" plow through a hundred yakuza-wannabes only to get robbed of his "Legendary Yakisoba Sandwich".

In defense of the video, let me just rebut some of the arguments:

1. It didn't make sense: Well, there are rarely MVs that actually have a concrete story to them. If you go through most MVs, you'll find that they're just random clips of people trying to act cool (or cute). The SR2 PV however takes a fresh approach; why act cool when you can act so lame you become cool.

2. The pan scenes were badly done: Doh, these were intentionally done be funny. I don't think you should suggest that these professional studios are so incapable.

3. It doesn't compare to Scramble: Well, I didn't really ask for a comparison. IMO Scramble was much better, but that doesn't automatically reduce everything else to crap. What is your independent judgment of the video.

4. The song sucks: Again, if you didn't really like the song, then I doubt that downloading this video would have changed your mind. I assumed that anybody reviewing this video would probably need to have enjoyed the song itself, thus reviewing how well the video represents the song.

5. It made me go WTF: Doesn't every episode of School Rumble make you go WTF? Is that really a bad thing? Think about it.

QUOTE(Ch1cken @ May 1 2006, 06:25 PM)

IPB Image

I really need to agree. That was probably my favorite ROFL scene. The guy to the right was just "gayness^3", but he probably thought he was really cool or something.

To mention a favorite scene of my own. This is why it is called the "Legendary Yakisoba Bread". You can see that despite Ami jumping around and singing with the bread, the yakisoba remains tightly "glued" to the bread in almost perfect form.
IPB Image

user posted image

"I can't believe it! There's actually somebody who's watched School Rumble only 5 times!" - Hanai khun, School Rumble Freak
"Who are you?" - "Nakamura." - "What?.... Aren't you Eri?" - "No, I'm cosplaying Nakamura cosplaying Eri. " - Keishoumori Dei's answer to horrid cosplaying.
+Quote Post
-*|aMPz|*-
post May 2 2006, 04:43 AM
Post #38

High Guard in Nakamura Task Force for Eri
Group Icon

Enrolled: 22-April 06
Student ID: 5,195

Sunglasses, Two thumbs up, A Mohawk i presume, What's not cool..? LOL , Its still a rofl scene laugh.gif

IPB Image
Take the BuLLet : Proud Member of the EFC
+Quote Post
wzyote05
post May 2 2006, 05:15 AM
Post #39

Shotetsu! Gattai! DOJIBIRON!
Group Icon

Enrolled: 9-April 06
Student ID: 4,680
My Yagami Idol(s): Karerin, Dojibiron Pink!

love the song, hate the video. was it just me, or was that guy beating the crap outta everyone supposed to be the stereotypical japanese delinquint (aka Harima or Kurosaki Ichigo type character). Seriously, seeing this actually makes me like the song less, so i have to blot it out with a repeat dose of the SR opening to get this awful thing outta my head

IPB Image
IPB Image
Karen wants YOU for KFC
Click the sig to go to Karen's Place (aka KFC)
made by everwatcher, modified by Juice
+Quote Post
Avs
post May 2 2006, 06:36 AM
Post #40

Group Icon

I think the more you watch the video the more "..." goes away and the better it gets. After a while I kind of just ignored everything but the bread, Ami, and the dude in the hallway who kind of looks like a velosoraptor.

P.S. MusashiKen actually bought this o_O;;

SOzuken's first reaction.

Avs
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < Back 1 2 3 4 Next >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th June 2017 - 02:03 PM