post Jul 30 2008, 01:09 PM
Post #1

Harima-gumi
Group Icon

Role: Wannabe Staff
Enrolled: 24-January 07
Student ID: 8,966
My Yagami Idol(s): Harima Kenji

After much anticipation, WF has released the first School Rumble San Gakki OVA. While this is listed as Episode 25, it is one of two OVA episodes that are being bundled with the last two volumes of the School Rumble manga series in Japan.

Episode 26, which is expected to be the conclusion of the series, is scheduled to be out in September. Right now, there is no confirmation that "Episodes 1 - 24" will ever be produced. There is a summary of the episodes on the official School Rumble website, but it's in Japanese.

I would like to give a special thanks to 4cat, TruePsyche, Swampstorm, terrukallan and everyone who worked on the show. Also to azrael, Hinatanko, Keitaromangas, DreadWingKnight and our QC team for their support. Finally, everyone needs to join me in thanking SOzuken - our fearless leader. This group would not exist if it weren't for him and his affection for the School Rumble universe.

I will answer some Frequently Asked Questions in the forum discussion below.

- Nemo out

IPB Image IPB Image
^^
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Nemo
post Jul 30 2008, 01:11 PM
Post #2

Harima-gumi
Group Icon

Frequently Asked Questions

FAQ #1:
Didn’t Wannabe Fansubs say that they were dropping School Rumble?

No, WF has never said that... AniDB currently has our status on School Rumble 2nd Term as “stalled,” which is pretty much true. WF had a shake-up a few years ago and went on hiatus for a while, but there are now new members of the staff (including myself) and we are back in business. What more do you people want?! We just released an OVA!

When we will finish School Rumble 2nd Term and at what pace we release the episodes cannot yet be determined. The only thing that I can tell you is that we would like to continue working on the series, since everyone on staff is a fan of the show.

FAQ #2:
When will Episodes 1 - 24 be produced?

QUOTE(Foressense @ Jul 28 2008, 08:26 PM) *

If they never animate 1-24, I will forever feel robbed.

As I said above, there is no confirmation on their status. It is my personal opinion that they probably won’t be produced. After all, it takes time and money to set up production for an anime series. I think we would have heard something by now if a deal was in the works. I freely admit that I could be wrong, however. Terru certainly doesn’t agree with me:

QUOTE(terrukallan @ Jul 24 2008, 04:32 PM) *

Where have you heard there's not going to be a third season? Unless you have some information that I don't, I think it's far too soon to conclude that it is not happening.

If this OVA turns out to be hugely popular – i.e. making a lot of money – the studio might decide that it would be a worthy investment. YOU can help by BUYING official School Rumble media and merchandise. We live in a material world and studios don’t produce media for free, so put your money where your mouth is.

FAQ #3:
What else is on the DVD for the 3rd Term OVA?

In addition to Episode 25, the DVD has two special features. One of these is a 30-minute discussion involving Koshimizu Ami (the voice of Tenma), Noto Mamiko (the voice of Yakumo), and Kobayashi Jin (creator of the series). I would highly recommend you BUY THE DVD to see it! biggrin.gif

The other special feature is a review of what would have happened in Episodes 1-24 if they had been produced. It features the pictures from the manga listed on the website I linked to above, with narrators that take about one minute per “episode” to describe what was happening.

If there is enough fan interest, we may look into subbing these special features in the future. Let us know what you think on our forums.

FAQ #4:
Is this the end of School Rumble?

Things are certainly wrapping up! There is still the OVA to be released in September, but as most of you know Kobayashi has ended the School Rumble manga series with the close of Class 2-C’s second year in High School.

The good news is that there will be a sequel manga series called “School Rumble Z.” It seems that there haven’t been many details confirmed about this series yet, just that it will be premiering later this year. I’m sure if you hang around the Wannabe Forums, you will find out information as it becomes available.

That’s it for now. Enjoy the show!

IPB Image IPB Image
^^
IPB Image
+Quote Post
TMSIDR
post Jul 30 2008, 05:07 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Role: Members
Enrolled: 6-May 06
Student ID: 5,639
My Yagami Idol(s): Eri...closely followed by Yakumo

First of all, thanks for subbing this episode. Unfortunately, I won't watch it till the manga catches up in Germany (only a matter of years ^^') or they they really start producing the missing 24 episodes.

QUOTE(Nemo @ Jul 30 2008, 02:11 PM) *

If this OVA turns out to be hugely popular – i.e. making a lot of money – the studio might decide that it would be a worthy investment. YOU can help by BUYING official School Rumble media and merchandise. We live in a material world and studios don’t produce media for free, so put your money where your mouth is.

It's a little bit strange with this OVA. If they want to test how many people are still interested in this show, then it is strange that the Lim. Edition is not really widely available (at least for international customers). It is now longer new available for weeks at amazon.co.jp, and I can only find it at yesasia.com (where I got my version). Perhaps it really was a hit in Japan, and they are now planning a real 3rd season....but I don't have any figures how well it was sold in Japan. At least the fansubbing scene was interested, because, if I remember correctly, WF is now the third group that subbed it. From a commercial stand point I think that it would make sense to produce another season, because I doubt that School Rumble is very expensive show to produce and it also seems to sell well outside Japan, and they seem not to have problems with the staff, because we got the OVA from the same people (as far as I know).

It's strange that at the end of the year a DVD Box with the Season 1 and 2 and the first 2 OVAS will be released in Japan (I will preorder it when it appears on amazon.co.jp). On CDJapan.co.jp they say that it includes 54 episodes...so no Sangakki epsiodes. For a complete package they should also add Ep. 25 and 26 of Sangakki....oh, I think there's room for interpretation in a good and in a bad way^^

QUOTE(Nemo @ Jul 30 2008, 02:11 PM) *

FAQ #3:
What else is on the DVD for the 3rd Term OVA?

In addition to Episode 25, the DVD has two special features. One of these is a 30-minute discussion involving Koshimizu Ami (the voice of Tenma), Noto Mamiko (the voice of Yakumo), and Kobayashi Jin (creator of the series). I would highly recommend you BUY THE DVD to see it! biggrin.gif

The other special feature is a review of what would have happened in Episodes 1-24 if they had been produced. It features the pictures from the manga listed on the website I linked to above, with narrators that take about one minute per “episode” to describe what was happening.

If there is enough fan interest, we may look into subbing these special features in the future. Let us know what you think on our forums.

I'm really interested in this interview because I found the interview on the old OVA very interesting and fun to watch (Funimation was nice enough to put it on the DVD). So you now have at least one fan interested and I'm a fan who also bought large amounts of School Rumble stuff^^.

Nakamura: Are you associating with any lady at the present time?
Harima: If I were, I wouldn't have to go through this much trouble, would I?
+Quote Post
SkoolRumble4YA
post Jul 31 2008, 01:24 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Enrolled: 12-January 06
Student ID: 3,940
My Yagami Idol(s): Yakumo & Eri

Does it Sangakki episode 1 works on the ps3?

IPB Image
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Nemo
post Jul 31 2008, 02:25 AM
Post #5

Harima-gumi
Group Icon

TMSIDR,

Thanks for the feedback . biggrin.gif
I hope you enjoy the San Gakki OVA if and when you ever watch it. You could always check out the Manga scanlations to catch up, if you really felt the need. tongue.gif

SR4YA,

What we released is what we have. I can confirm that it works with CCCP and VLC, but I don't know about other media devices. It is what it is, so watch it however you are able. I hope you enjoy it!

IPB Image IPB Image
^^
IPB Image
+Quote Post
koizumi
post Jul 31 2008, 03:21 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Enrolled: 22-December 07
Student ID: 14,535
My Yagami Idol(s): Imadori, Tougou, Asou

Hooray WF! smile.gif

It's so great that you were able to sub this, i'v seen some of the other subs for this OVA and they are nowhere near as good!

Hopefully you'll be able to sub the full SanGakki if it ever happens (Fingers crossed)

Thanks!

IPB Image

+Quote Post
terrukallan
post Jul 31 2008, 02:17 PM
Post #7

Once and future king
Group Icon

Enrolled: 27-February 05
Student ID: 1,578
My Yagami Idol(s): Takano Akira

QUOTE(TMSIDR @ Jul 30 2008, 01:07 PM) *

It's a little bit strange with this OVA. If they want to test how many people are still interested in this show, then it is strange that the Lim. Edition is not really widely available (at least for international customers). It is now longer new available for weeks at amazon.co.jp, and I can only find it at yesasia.com (where I got my version). Perhaps it really was a hit in Japan, and they are now planning a real 3rd season....but I don't have any figures how well it was sold in Japan.

Keep in mind that most Japanese animation companies don't really care about an international audience. They produce a product for the Japanese market primarily; it's only an extra bonus that international audiences are interested as well.

Amazon.co.jp, although certainly frequented by international customers is primarily the Japanese face of Amazon. Though I also do not have any sales figures for Japan the fact that it sold out at amazon.co.jp is a good sign. happy.gif

IPB Image
So it goes.hope=~24
+Quote Post
BLUE_rex
post Aug 1 2008, 04:22 AM
Post #8

EFC Head of State.
Group Icon

Enrolled: 7-December 04
Student ID: 46
My Yagami Idol(s): only one Eri for me.

Thanks for the good news Nemo.

And many thanks to Wannabe Fansubs, who still takes the time to give us another piece of School Rumble.

Much appreciated. wink.gif

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Hario
post Aug 1 2008, 04:39 AM
Post #9

Oji-Sama of Tenma >^_^<
Group Icon

Enrolled: 3-January 05
Student ID: 331
My Yagami Idol(s): Tenma-Chan

blink.gif What a great day to randomly check back on the site, woo, new episode can't wait to see it wub.gif
+Quote Post
moo
post Aug 1 2008, 08:35 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

Enrolled: 3-December 06
Student ID: 8,128
My Yagami Idol(s): Harima <3

I also want to give my thanks to WF for the high quality sub! As expected yours is by far the best.
I'd love to see the bonus material subbed, since it takes forever till the dvd comes to my area or it never will, when san gakki doesn't get the other 24 episodes. But I know subbing is a big deal of work so I'll just hope you guys are in the mood for it laugh.gif

On a side note:
QUOTE(TMSIDR @ Jul 30 2008, 06:07 PM) *

First of all, thanks for subbing this episode. Unfortunately, I won't watch it till the manga catches up in Germany (only a matter of years ^^') or they they really start producing the missing 24 episodes.
Wow, you're really just reading the german manga? K, I'm buying it, too, but the translation feels a bit rushed at times. I'm also lacking the patience xD'' I just reread it in german.
*roughly calculating* We're currently at Vol. 15, the next volume is released every 3 months, 7 Volumes to go, so a year and 7 months to wait for the last bit of manga biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ex_00
post Aug 3 2008, 04:38 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Enrolled: 13-April 06
From: In the first bridge that happens through my way between the 11:00 pm
Student ID: 4,902
My Yagami Idol(s): YAKUMO BUNNY-CHAN !!! (Oohhh, it's so hot!)

Tnx for information =)

+Quote Post
TMSIDR
post Aug 3 2008, 10:48 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Enrolled: 6-May 06
Student ID: 5,639
My Yagami Idol(s): Eri...closely followed by Yakumo

QUOTE(moo @ Aug 1 2008, 09:35 AM) *

I also want to give my thanks to WF for the high quality sub! As expected yours is by far the best.
I'd love to see the bonus material subbed, since it takes forever till the dvd comes to my area or it never will, when san gakki doesn't get the other 24 episodes. But I know subbing is a big deal of work so I'll just hope you guys are in the mood for it laugh.gif

On a side note:Wow, you're really just reading the german manga? K, I'm buying it, too, but the translation feels a bit rushed at times. I'm also lacking the patience xD'' I just reread it in german.
*roughly calculating* We're currently at Vol. 15, the next volume is released every 3 months, 7 Volumes to go, so a year and 7 months to wait for the last bit of manga biggrin.gif

yes, I'm patient^^., but I check Townsocks translation when I think the German version sounds strange.

Nakamura: Are you associating with any lady at the present time?
Harima: If I were, I wouldn't have to go through this much trouble, would I?
+Quote Post
Klibbnisse
post Aug 5 2008, 01:07 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Enrolled: 31-December 05
Student ID: 3,854
My Yagami Idol(s): Sawachika Eri

Whoa, I had no idea you were still alive! If you by any chance still need a timer/typesetter (sort of) I'm available!

Oh yeah, did you drop Kamichu or is it just stalled?

Banana!
+Quote Post
Foressense
post Aug 6 2008, 12:01 AM
Post #14

Funds Provider
Group Icon

Role: Wannabe Moderators
Enrolled: 16-February 05
Student ID: 824

QUOTE(Klibbnisse @ Aug 5 2008, 06:07 AM) *

If you by any chance still need a timer/typesetter (sort of) I'm available!

Only translators, or translation checkers. Possibly an encoder, check with SOzuken on that one.

QUOTE(Klibbnisse @ Aug 5 2008, 06:07 AM) *

Oh yeah, did you drop Kamichu or is it just stalled?

Although not officially stated anywhere, it's as good as dropped.

Oh wait, I'm not staff... nevermind. unsure.gif

CLICK ME FOR FORUM RULES!

What is the future that you believe in?
SPOILER
1) Those who search will only do so in vain. What cannot be found may no longer exist. There is only one true path to follow. Can you find it?
2) Deep within the illusions of a dark desire, the footprints left behind carry memories of a lost love. Can you see it?
3) Traveling in opposite directions, a masked storm is fast approaching. Can you feel it?
4) The battle between order and chaos. Can you remember it?
5) The end of the road. Can you believe it?
+Quote Post
Melee54
post Aug 6 2008, 03:32 AM
Post #15

The real Harima
Group Icon

Enrolled: 25-November 06
Student ID: 7,917
My Yagami Idol(s): Harima

Just now finally got around to watching the WF version of the OVA. Great job guys. I actually understood the subtitles!

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Nemo
post Aug 6 2008, 05:18 PM
Post #16

Harima-gumi
Group Icon

Thanks so much Melee!

Perhaps this is why I am an Editor... but to me, the most important part of enjoying an anime is having quality subtitles. I need to have things that sound natural and make sense... to have a good "flow" that doesn't seem disjointed. Most of all, if I imagine the characters saying these things in my head, it needs to believably be something they would say. As for video quality, I don't need it to be DVD-quality... but a nice font and stylization for signs is always good.

That is what I look for when I watch fan-subs. So to have someone else tell me that I helped produce a good-quality episode makes me feel great.

IPB Image IPB Image
^^
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Pietro
post Nov 16 2008, 08:33 AM
Post #17

Group Icon

Enrolled: 26-September 08
Student ID: 22,807
My Yagami Idol(s): Imadori

Er, sorry but when will the 2nd OVA be released...I can't wait! wink.gif
+Quote Post
Foressense
post Nov 17 2008, 01:28 AM
Post #18

Funds Provider
Group Icon

Role: Wannabe Moderators
Enrolled: 16-February 05
Student ID: 824

QUOTE(Pietro @ Nov 16 2008, 12:33 AM) *

Er, sorry but when will the 2nd OVA be released...I can't wait! wink.gif

Stalled indefinitely thanks to staff disappearing/running off. It'll be done... eventually. sleep.gif

CLICK ME FOR FORUM RULES!

What is the future that you believe in?
SPOILER
1) Those who search will only do so in vain. What cannot be found may no longer exist. There is only one true path to follow. Can you find it?
2) Deep within the illusions of a dark desire, the footprints left behind carry memories of a lost love. Can you see it?
3) Traveling in opposite directions, a masked storm is fast approaching. Can you feel it?
4) The battle between order and chaos. Can you remember it?
5) The end of the road. Can you believe it?
+Quote Post
kyousuke21
post Dec 28 2008, 09:40 AM
Post #19

School Rumboholic
Group Icon

Enrolled: 28-December 08
Student ID: 31,819
My Yagami Idol(s): Harima,Eri,Yakumo,Imadori,Karen,

i hope they make animated san gakki episode 1-24.. i love School Rumble soo much.. happy.gif
+Quote Post
Harima77
post Jan 3 2009, 10:23 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

Enrolled: 1-January 09
Student ID: 32,195
My Yagami Idol(s): harima

what is the school rumble san gakki..?
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 Next >
Closed TopicStart new topic
6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th April 2017 - 01:24 AM