IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  1 2 3 Next > Last Page »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Our Generation, Is Insane and Lame?...
SOzuken
post Apr 30 2006, 11:24 PM
Post #1

School Rumble Forever!
Group Icon

Role: Wannabe Admin
Enrolled: 25-November 04
Student ID: 2
My Yagami Idol(s): Tenma-chan as always!

The ultra-controversial School Rumble Opening Promotional Video (Sentimental Generation) that comes with the CD Single [Limited Edition] is now available for preview. Judge for yourself if it's just (with explanations please if you are going to post)

1. Pathetically lame and should be incinerated on the spot.

OR

2. Awesomely original and hell I'm buying it.

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Available on BT or IRC.

P.S. MusashiKen actually bought this o_O;;

user posted image

"I can't believe it! There's actually somebody who's watched School Rumble only 5 times!" - Hanai khun, School Rumble Freak
"Who are you?" - "Nakamura." - "What?.... Aren't you Eri?" - "No, I'm cosplaying Nakamura cosplaying Eri. " - Keishoumori Dei's answer to horrid cosplaying.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
khryoleoz
post Apr 30 2006, 11:41 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Role: Members
Enrolled: 11-December 04
Student ID: 113
My Yagami Idol(s): Eri Sawachika

I go with #1. The video is uninspired, but worse is this OP theme itself (the ED as well), which I can't agree to being associated with SR. The verse and refrain themes are annoying, there's some weird male utterance on the upbeats of the section right before the verse that precedes the bridge, the modulation to a key a half step up doesn't add to the quality of the tune. Who wrote this thing? Scramble was a lot better.
+Quote Post
ApathyEcstasy
post Apr 30 2006, 11:44 PM
Post #3

Sudou-intalekchewul @ WerQ
Group Icon

Enrolled: 13-April 06
Student ID: 4,879
My Yagami Idol(s): Takano Akira

A supporter of the Mission Impossible Faction
+Quote Post
don vercetti
post May 1 2006, 12:33 AM
Post #4

Messenger, and thirteenth member of The Enlightened
Group Icon

Enrolled: 21-January 06
Student ID: 3,983
My Yagami Idol(s): Tsukamoto Tenma, Sawachika Eri

I don't like it as much as Scramble, but no way it's #1. But I wouldn't buy it either. So somewhere inbetween #1 and #2.
I'll choose #1½.

user posted image
+Quote Post
Messy
post May 1 2006, 12:37 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Enrolled: 19-April 06
Student ID: 5,119
My Yagami Idol(s): Tsukamoto Yakumo

i go with 1...1 word .. pathetic

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Avs
post May 1 2006, 01:01 AM
Post #6

The riddle wrapped around a mystery in the center of a enigma.
Group Icon

Enrolled: 20-January 06
Student ID: 3,979

On reference, I reviewed it accordingly as a comparison to SR1's OP video, on the basis of it mostly being a promo video rather than a music video itself, and not based on whether Ami is cute and a good singer (or compared to Yui).

Is "crap" even an option? In anycase, kudos to Musashiken for the support! I'd definately would not be getting it for the PV however. I did not like the fighting in it to match the video, or the fashioned use of *BAM* *WHAM* kind of effects. I also didnt like the rotational stills used (or maybe it was intentional that people were slightly moving when it was happening) because the people were not perfectly still. The entire bread thing was just lol though, however I just cant see 100 badasses getting their ass kicked getting up and start raving to the music. Plus the guy doing the ass kicking looked fugly at the start.

I liked the silent introduction though in my opinion the highschoolers looked a little too old, if indeed they were doing this for a school rumble promo. Then came the entire Yakisoba bread thing, I wish they could have thought of a better plot for some random dude: Nicknamed "The Boss" to plow his way through, apparently a lot of angry male students. I mean, why battle for the bread if the entire idea is to get it before the fugliest dude with his sleeves rolled up does? Couldnt someone just buy it while the other 99 students are keeping him busy or something? Anyways logic aside, I find it amusing that "The Boss" has to yell (like hes a monkey or something) before engaging. Maybe they wanted him to portray Harima? I doubt any SR fan would agree with this.

I love the translation though when the second class comes out and says:

"We're the 2nd Class BIATCH".

Of course right when this happens Ami is singing the translated line: "But we're more sentimental than the grown-ups." Well this seems apparently so. And then the next line is "Our generation will build the future..." while the entirety of the 2nd class wearing sunglasses gets their asses smacked down by Ugly Bossman. And Ami is keeping the brightest of smiles while its all going down.

Then The Boss enters a class wearing smog masks, (I'd assume they were apart of some biker or motorcycle gang) and systematically starts beating their asses down as well. The next still however it seems like all the guys that just got their asses kicked have gotten back up but The Boss is throwing them all off himself (assuming they jumped him all at once right before). He definately is showing his individuality as the song suggests.

And then the 4th class of, well I guess very intelligent people (nerds) act like Hanai and get ontop of the boss (who has collapsed from fatigue while walking to the school lunch store) and start commencing "things like love" as Ami suggests.

If that wasn't bad enough, Ami buys the bread and mocks The Boss (makes me think of all those times Harima has had this done to him by others)...but then starts singing with it?! Its like Tenma suddenly yells BANANAS kind of wtf. Did I mention those poor guys who got the smack down are now smiling and dancing around like its all good?

Anyways perhaps at this point I am too disillusioned with the PV that I'll say the best part at is at the very end when there are shots of Ami and a bunch of guys walking down the hall lipsyncing the OP. Their facial expressions while doing this are exaggerated and made me laugh heh.

And so without a doubt I'd have to say it certainly didn't live up to what "the vision" forsaw for season 2. I wonder if the PV ED will be better, if there will be a second version of the PV OP, and if there will be a RM for SR4Ever.

Avs
+Quote Post
Gloomheart
post May 1 2006, 01:16 AM
Post #7

Ukidoki Memorial Enthusiast
Group Icon

Enrolled: 21-March 06
Student ID: 4,276
My Yagami Idol(s): The most perfect woman ever; Yakumo Tsukamoto

The problem with the new OP, is that it's too... Well... Average. Definitely not #1, but definitely not #2.

There's not a whole lot out there that could have fit the mood as well as Scramble did. Damn, was that a good song (the B-side to that was even better!)

IPB Image
+Quote Post
dangitsdon
post May 1 2006, 01:34 AM
Post #8

duwa!
Group Icon

Enrolled: 3-March 06
Student ID: 4,177
My Yagami Idol(s): Yakumo

the song is not that bad...but still.....i guess 1.
lets sign a petition to bring back SCRAMBLE!
+Quote Post
barok
post May 1 2006, 02:45 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

Enrolled: 19-February 05
Student ID: 1,006
My Yagami Idol(s): Eri

I don't care if it's bad or not! There's no denying that Tokito Ami is cute! biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
ApathyEcstasy
post May 1 2006, 02:53 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

QUOTE(barok @ May 1 2006, 02:45 AM)
I don't care if it's bad or not! There's no denying that Tokito Ami is cute! biggrin.gif

okay..that much is true tongue.gif

+Quote Post
puppeteer
post May 1 2006, 03:13 AM
Post #11

(STILL)The Gilded Army's Puppet Master
Group Icon

Enrolled: 18-March 06
Student ID: 4,266
My Yagami Idol(s): 1)Sawachika Eri AND Takano Akira!!!3)Harima Kenji

I'll have to choose no.2!the girl is super cute and the video is damn funny(explain later,sorry!)....Good for you,MushashiKen for buying this.Now the next question....where did you buy it?

This post has been graded and corrected by puppeteer: May 1 2006, 03:14 AM

[color=purple]_|Slumber|_[color]
+Quote Post
sehtat
post May 1 2006, 03:22 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

Enrolled: 11-April 06
Student ID: 4,821
My Yagami Idol(s): Yakumo-kun!!!

Well, actually the OP is quite nice, but the MV is simply...err...too much for my taste wacko.gif I prefer S2 OP+ED, but I have to admit that S1 OP+ED, especially Scramble! fits into the mood perfectly.

So: #1, haha.
+Quote Post
skiesoffusion
post May 1 2006, 03:30 AM
Post #13

The Legendary Kaizoku-O
Group Icon

Enrolled: 1-May 06
Student ID: 5,455
My Yagami Idol(s): Harima Hario, Eri, Karen

Ya, The first season op. and ed. are so much better, but the season two op/ed are good two. The video was, i was silent the whole video...

I'd go with #1

"Feelings of love are just temporary lapses in judgement." - Suzumiya Haruhi

I support a free world where the average person can play his ping pong anywhere he chooses, where she can search for Aliens, Sliders, Espers, and Time Travelers in peace, where he can be the best Damn Great Teacher he wants to be, where she can magically transform into a magical girl to save the world, where he can sail the great seas and find that great treasure, where he can run 40 yards in 4.2 seconds without having to hide his identity. I believe in a Free World where your average Otaku can build his/her Gundam Models without worrying about the annoying brat of a sibling ruining its paint!
+Quote Post
chanus_aloba
post May 1 2006, 04:04 AM
Post #14

Black Eri-servant from the Orient
Group Icon

Enrolled: 23-April 06
Student ID: 5,258
My Yagami Idol(s): Harima Kenji and Eri - chan(Newly Converted)

I've seen the video and all I can say is. . . . It's kinda good. . . . blink.gif
But. . . . . The Op and ed of SR first season was much nicer compared to this one. . . . biggrin.gif

Mixed gif images. . . . nothing to do. . . . T_T

IPB ImageIPB Image

IPB Image
Currently Watching:
Still Bleach, Naruto Shippuuden, Bokura ga Ita, Kanokon, ToLoveRu, Itazura na Kiss, Seto no Hanayome, Spice and Wolf. . . . . :D
Currently Playing:
Naruto Shippuuden Narutimate Accel 2 (ps2), .Hack Reminisce Vol 3 (ps2)(On Hold), Ar Tonelico (ps2)(On Hold), Final Fantasy 12(ps2)(On Hold), DOTA (PC)(Stopped Playing), Xenosaga Ep 3 (ps2)(On Hold), Atelier Iris 3 (ps2)(Currently Playing it right now :D)
+Quote Post
Teks
post May 1 2006, 04:05 AM
Post #15

Sir! Yes Sir!
Group Icon

Enrolled: 1-January 06
Student ID: 3,860
My Yagami Idol(s): Harima

I think it's great ne, it's not like any of you can sing like that tongue.gif

user posted image
+Quote Post
Avs
post May 1 2006, 04:07 AM
Post #16

The riddle wrapped around a mystery in the center of a enigma.
Group Icon

Enrolled: 20-January 06
Student ID: 3,979

QUOTE(Teks @ Apr 30 2006, 09:05 PM)
I think it's great ne, it's not like any of you can sing like that tongue.gif

Haha if you could only apply that kind of judgement to everything. Then we would all be great.

Avs
+Quote Post
ApathyEcstasy
post May 1 2006, 04:48 AM
Post #17

Group Icon

also..how is this supposed to be ultra-controversial?

+Quote Post
onizukaeikichi
post May 1 2006, 06:39 AM
Post #18

Group Icon

Enrolled: 15-February 05
Student ID: 790
My Yagami Idol(s): Eri

i thought the video is average and i wasnt doing much but to stare at it, i vote 1
+Quote Post
Animefan1
post May 1 2006, 06:51 AM
Post #19

#1 Fan of Animes
Group Icon

Enrolled: 28-April 06
Student ID: 5,383
My Yagami Idol(s): Eri-sama and Harima-sama

well.. the video was ok i guess.. but i wouldnt want to spend money on it. only thing i liked was the song and of course, the girl! Tokito Ami in a school sailor outfit, kawaii! biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Miavi
post May 1 2006, 07:05 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

Enrolled: 26-July 05
Student ID: 3,274
My Yagami Idol(s): Eri Sawachika :3

The glasses, guys, the glasses! wub.gif

Though I would vote for #1 considering how out of point the whole MV is, with Ami singing and prancing around behind the "Big Boss" without him noticing her doing all those at all.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 Next > Last Page » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th August 2017 - 11:45 PM