Post #1

Part-time Saber Lover, SR Translator
Group Icon

Role: Wannabe Staff
Enrolled: 25-November 04
Student ID: 4
My Yagami Idol(s): Sawachika Eri

Yes, this is, like, so last year.

But hey, we've been doing so many MVs, why not throw in another one right? This time, its our favorite guru guru song, Scramble!

So go ahead. Get another scandalous MV, by Wannabes, right here.

p.s. I think one of the staff was hogging this video to himself because Horie Yui is in it.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
The Stig
post May 8 2006, 03:57 AM
Post #2

The Stig
Group Icon

Role: Members
Enrolled: 25-March 06
Student ID: 4,304
My Yagami Idol(s): Miko-chin~! Yakumo~! <cry>

I was able to get some version of this MV but its got sub titles in Portugeese I think. Now atleast I can get it in english. I heard this idea one time at the place i get my bleach, how about leaving the commercials in the episodes and subbing them as well. The idea came from a week when the raw providers intentionally or acidently left a commercial in the raw, it was later edited out for the subs. I know it would lengthen the subbing time and is about 98.15% impractical, but it would be an interesting project.

user posted image
I just finally became unlazy and made myself a signature. Yay for me

Mondays are Haruhi
Tuesdays are Bleach
Wednesdays-Thursdays are Host Club
Thursdays are also Bleach manga
Fridays have to find something else
Weekends are for School Rumble and Fate/Stay Night
+Quote Post
jimmy_396_jimmy
post May 8 2006, 04:05 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Enrolled: 13-March 06
Student ID: 4,238
My Yagami Idol(s): Harima

nice job, whos is the horie character?
+Quote Post
Vertago
post May 8 2006, 04:19 AM
Post #4

Killer lolis = w1n!
Group Icon

Enrolled: 28-March 06
Student ID: 4,321
My Yagami Idol(s): YAKUMO

OMG shes sooo kawaii!! wub.gif

user posted image user posted image
Listen to "God Knows" while staring at this sig... Aya = w1n!!!!!
+Quote Post
Theundyingmage
post May 8 2006, 04:54 AM
Post #5

^This is the Director General of the Eri Army
Group Icon

Enrolled: 19-February 05
Student ID: 997
My Yagami Idol(s): Hoc-chan! aka Eri-chan aka Ojou

HOC-CHAN!

wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

IPB Image

Just back from Japan with a truck load of Hoc-chan stuff.
+Quote Post
OnePage
post May 8 2006, 11:01 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Enrolled: 6-May 06
Student ID: 5,651
My Yagami Idol(s): Yakumo~

I like the Song but the MV not much... except for the dancing old musicians. They look Hipped Up and Old Pop Style. SCRAMBLE~~~~~~ Is Soooo GOOod. I like this Mv more than the School Rumble Ni Gakki Second opening: Sentimental... Maybe its just me. tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Theundyingmage
post May 8 2006, 01:35 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

QUOTE(OnePage @ May 8 2006, 08:31 PM)
I like the Song but the MV not much... except for the dancing old musicians. They look Hipped Up and Old Pop Style. SCRAMBLE~~~~~~ Is Soooo GOOod. I like this Mv more than the School Rumble Ni Gakki Second opening: Sentimental... Maybe its just me.  tongue.gif

Its not just you.....everyone tends to prefer Scramble to Sentimental Generation.

IPB Image

+Quote Post
OnePage
post May 8 2006, 02:00 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Enrolled: 6-May 06
Student ID: 5,651
My Yagami Idol(s): Yakumo~

Oh haha thats good, don't wanna be a outcast. rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
bertdigity
post May 8 2006, 10:21 PM
Post #9

Twin Fisted Instrument of Justice!
Group Icon

Enrolled: 13-April 06
Student ID: 4,883
My Yagami Idol(s): HArimA

Thanks i've looking for this MV forever and asking around forums for anyone who got it. i'm such a SR freak for anything SR related! good or bad. but to me all is good

user posted image
The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four
persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness.

Think of your three best friends -- if they're okay, then it's You
+Quote Post
Thyrz
post May 9 2006, 01:57 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Enrolled: 16-February 05
Student ID: 851

Heh good song, the MV is quite weird as usual, seems to be japanese standard. wink.gif

I remember seeing an MV from one of Honey & Clover's songs. Same story, good song but weird MV. wink.gif

user posted image
+Quote Post
ItsFranky
post May 9 2006, 10:43 PM
Post #11

Guilty Pleasure
Group Icon

Role: Wannabe Staff
Enrolled: 13-May 05
Student ID: 2,844
My Yagami Idol(s): Ichijou Karen

Senchimentaru Generation PV was gay.

Gay.
Very gay.
+Quote Post
wapdiddle
post May 10 2006, 03:56 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

Enrolled: 18-April 06
Student ID: 5,047

First post woohoo!

The shortened somewhat jazzed up version of Scramble featured as the opening of season 1 is far superior to the longer, kind of flat, drawn out original (assuming this MV uses the original length). I love seeing japanese wannabe (lol) rude-boys trying to take on a ska-like flavor (after all, no ska band is complete without an Asian member - Tsunami Bomb anyone?) but the lead singer of this song is a terrible performer! No life to her singing at all. The disembodied voice of the theme song seems so much livelier, though it should be the opposite. I like sentimental generation MV much better, which, although stupid, at least has some life and action to it! Scramble is actually a great song, the horn parts though not terribly original are well written, and put together, and really give the song an upbeat, sophisticated feel, even though the song is really very popish.
+Quote Post
Theundyingmage
post May 10 2006, 05:32 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

QUOTE(wapdiddle @ May 10 2006, 01:26 PM)
First post woohoo!

The shortened somewhat jazzed up version of Scramble featured as the opening of season 1 is far superior to the longer, kind of flat, drawn out original (assuming this MV uses the original length). I love seeing japanese wannabe (lol) rude-boys trying to take on a ska-like flavor (after all, no ska band is complete without an Asian member - Tsunami Bomb anyone?) but the lead singer of this song is a terrible performer! No life to her singing at all. The disembodied voice of the theme song seems so much  livelier, though it should be the opposite. I like sentimental generation MV much better, which, although stupid, at least has some life and action to it! Scramble is actually a great song, the horn parts though not terribly original are well written, and put together, and really give the song an upbeat, sophisticated feel, even though the song is really very popish.

How can you say that about Hoc-chan...... blink.gif wink.gif wacko.gif

Oh well every one to their own taste I guess.....

IPB Image

+Quote Post
tenton
post May 10 2006, 05:41 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Enrolled: 5-March 05
Student ID: 1,957

QUOTE(wapdiddle @ May 9 2006, 07:56 PM)
First post woohoo!

The shortened somewhat jazzed up version of Scramble featured as the opening of season 1 is far superior to the longer, kind of flat, drawn out original (assuming this MV uses the original length). I love seeing japanese wannabe (lol) rude-boys trying to take on a ska-like flavor (after all, no ska band is complete without an Asian member - Tsunami Bomb anyone?) but the lead singer of this song is a terrible performer! No life to her singing at all. The disembodied voice of the theme song seems so much  livelier, though it should be the opposite. I like sentimental generation MV much better, which, although stupid, at least has some life and action to it! Scramble is actually a great song, the horn parts though not terribly original are well written, and put together, and really give the song an upbeat, sophisticated feel, even though the song is really very popish.

I'm not sure how the TV sized version can be considered "jazzed up", where the original length song is "flat", but meh. (how the voice for the tv sized is "disembodied" and "livelier" is also interesting, because to me, she's not really singing things differently).

Nothing about them really says ska; not from the 3 songs I've heard Unscandal do (the two from the single with Hoc-chan and Splash from the live concert); they're more swing than anything else.

IMO, Scramble is the better song, but Sentimental Generation has the better MV (the fight for the legendary yakisoba pan better than Hoc-chan and Unscandal...bouncing and twirling around cool.gif ).
+Quote Post
wapdiddle
post May 11 2006, 06:56 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

Enrolled: 18-April 06
Student ID: 5,047

QUOTE(tenton @ May 10 2006, 01:41 PM)
I'm not sure how the TV sized version can be considered "jazzed up", where the original length song is "flat", but meh. (how the voice for the tv sized is "disembodied" and "livelier" is also interesting, because to me, she's not really singing things differently).

Nothing about them really says ska; not from the 3 songs I've heard Unscandal do (the two from the single with Hoc-chan and Splash from the live concert); they're more swing than anything else.

IMO, Scramble is the better song, but Sentimental Generation has the better MV (the fight for the legendary yakisoba pan better than Hoc-chan and Unscandal...bouncing and twirling around  cool.gif  ).

I guess what I mean by jazzed up is the fact that since the theme song version is shortened, they kind of cut out the 'fat' of the full length, reducing the song to what i consider the good parts. Since they cut out a lot of the bridges, it makes the song more upbeat. As for the singer, the reason why i said her voice is disembodied is because you dont actually see her singing! Unlike in the music video. That is what makes it seem livelier to me, because in the music video pretty much all she's doing is sitting on a couch and kind of swaying her hips. And cmon, fast up-stroke electric guitar mixed with a lively horn section? Swing is a precurser to ska, and the influences are undeniable. I agree that they are not a ska band, but all the white black outfits in the video just scream ska to me.
+Quote Post
tenton
post May 13 2006, 12:39 AM
Post #16

Group Icon

Enrolled: 5-March 05
Student ID: 1,957

QUOTE(wapdiddle @ May 10 2006, 10:56 PM)
I guess what I mean by jazzed up is the fact that since the theme song version is shortened, they kind of cut out the 'fat' of the full length, reducing the song to what i consider the good parts. Since they cut out a lot of the bridges, it makes the song more upbeat. As for the singer, the reason why i said her voice is disembodied is because you dont actually see her singing! Unlike in the music video. That is what makes it seem livelier to me, because in the music video pretty much all she's doing is sitting on a couch and kind of swaying her hips. And cmon, fast up-stroke electric guitar mixed with a lively horn section? Swing is a precurser to ska, and the influences are undeniable. I agree that they are not a ska band, but all the white black outfits in the video just scream ska to me.

Perhaps because the rhythm isn't really emphasizing the upbeats, is why that I don't think "ska" (I'm a rhythm kind of guy, and it's the first thing I notice, so, that might be why). cool.gif . More akin to Big Bad Voodoo Daddy and Cherry Poppin' Daddies, rather than stuff like Pietasters, Toasters, and Reel Big Fish.

I guess for the "disemboided" comment, I was just focusing on the songs themselves, not the video associated with the songs. laugh.gif That'll learn me (in a discussion of the "music video").
+Quote Post
dangitsdon
post May 13 2006, 10:28 AM
Post #17

duwa!
Group Icon

Enrolled: 3-March 06
Student ID: 4,177
My Yagami Idol(s): Yakumo

scramble is the best OP.
hoc-chan is the best.

ni gakii ED sucks.
obakasan is best.

anything over sentimental generation.
+Quote Post
bertdigity
post May 13 2006, 07:09 PM
Post #18

Twin Fisted Instrument of Justice!
Group Icon

Enrolled: 13-April 06
Student ID: 4,883
My Yagami Idol(s): HArimA

I agree that scamble is the best but i kinda like generation too. i don't think its really that bad.

user posted image
The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four
persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness.

Think of your three best friends -- if they're okay, then it's You
+Quote Post
PHUT!
post May 13 2006, 10:03 PM
Post #19

Was Burger is delicious
Group Icon

Enrolled: 13-May 06
Student ID: 5,826
My Yagami Idol(s): Yakumo & Karen

I love both of them. Of course, it actually works well with both of them

Scramble is perfect to fit the craziness of the first term. The song is just so upbeat and crazy.

Generation provides a feel of solidifying your identity. The characters have solidified their characters and have set up their own generation.

Both work well. The video is cute, but I can see that she has been trying to cover her teeth a lot in the video.

user posted image
+Quote Post
Hanai khun
post May 14 2006, 06:13 AM
Post #20

EFC Sidekick and Delegate of Inter-Fan Club Affairs
Group Icon

Enrolled: 31-December 05
Student ID: 3,852
My Yagami Idol(s): Sawachika Eri

Thanks so much WF! I always wanted to have the video.
I love this song so much, and the video is beautifully done! The setting, costumes, ambience and lighting of every part of the video are perfect, it's a great design, even if they don't quite manage to sing in-sync tongue.gif

I loved the subtitling, especially the animated spinning lyrics at the corner smile.gif

It's a great job and you can tell it's been done with love.

IPB Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2017 - 02:55 PM