+Quote Post
ExtraEye
post Aug 14 2006, 12:24 AM
Post #42

Group Icon

Role: Members
Enrolled: 23-August 05
Student ID: 3,384

im really sad you aren't going to be subbing the next episodes. you've always done a great job. i was constantly waiting for your releases no matter the time knowing in the end i will be rewarded with a better school rumble. but for your own justified reasons you chose to stop. i knew this would end someday but i wasn't quit hoping for it to happen before the show was over. and so i now wish to thank you for all the effort you have put into this. from this thread and many others i could see many others who apreciated the work you've done. i hope it somehow rewards you (obviously not entirely but maybe just a little) that everything you've done is much apreciated. thank you WF!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SilentZephyr
post Aug 14 2006, 03:37 AM
Post #43

Group Icon

Enrolled: 10-March 05
Student ID: 2,133
My Yagami Idol(s): Eight Clouds

Wannbe BANZAI!!

Looking forward to whatever you guys will do next.
+Quote Post
mootab
post Aug 14 2006, 04:05 AM
Post #44

back after watching sukuran s.1 24 times!!!!!
Group Icon

Enrolled: 13-July 06
Student ID: 6,576
My Yagami Idol(s): Harima Kenji

QUOTE(ExtraEye @ Aug 14 2006, 12:24 AM) *

im really sad you aren't going to be subbing the next episodes. you've always done a great job. i was constantly waiting for your releases no matter the time knowing in the end i will be rewarded with a better school rumble. but for your own justified reasons you chose to stop. i knew this would end someday but i wasn't quit hoping for it to happen before the show was over. and so i now wish to thank you for all the effort you have put into this. from this thread and many others i could see many others who apreciated the work you've done. i hope it somehow rewards you (obviously not entirely but maybe just a little) that everything you've done is much apreciated. thank you WF!

WELL SAID!!!! biggrin.gif
my feelings exactly, wannabe has done such an outstanding job, and i'm more than sure that the wannabe subs will be of higher quality than any Funimation dvd releases, plus all the extras were excellent!!!
wannabe has done an outstanding job.

IPB Image
KITE BATTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
+Quote Post
ZomgxBanned
post Aug 14 2006, 04:06 AM
Post #45

Group Icon

Enrolled: 17-May 06
Student ID: 5,944

Aw, its sad how you guys wont be subbing School Rumble anymore. You guys had the best subs. =[

Anyway, thanks for all the work you did fansubbing. I enjoyed all of the epsidoes you guys put out.

Good luck with whatever you guys have planned for the future! laugh.gif

user posted image
+Quote Post
AznInvasion
post Aug 14 2006, 05:30 AM
Post #46

Group Icon

Enrolled: 14-August 06
Student ID: 6,948

in my opinion, the amercian licensing company's should hire good online fansubbers like wannabefansubs to sub licensed anime. that would solve the problem of the subbers losing interest, and the problem of us fan members who despise poor quality dubbing. since in my opinion, fansubs are WAY better then dubs, or subs done my companies.

*and yes i registered just to say this x_x
+Quote Post
Panther
post Aug 14 2006, 08:59 AM
Post #47

戦神
Group Icon

Enrolled: 28-December 05
Student ID: 3,811
My Yagami Idol(s): Tsukamoto Yakumo 塚本 八雲

I second AznInvasion's thoughts very much.

卍解 - 瞬神 四楓院 夜一

これは私の卍解。
+Quote Post
wanno
post Aug 14 2006, 12:59 PM
Post #48

Group Icon

Student ID: 6,952

I do want to thank your guys for the past effort you all have done for SR. Its really great.

Although I have no idea why you pple are using licensing as an excuse to stop subbing, I do not pay for any of the animes you subbed so I can't complain.

I only want to comment that if you decide to sub an anime for the sake of the community, you do it all the way, not stop halfway. Those fan sub groups that continue to sub the animes even though they are licensed really earns my upmost respect.

To the rest:

Its not the end of the world since there is another group subbing it (I don't have to say the name of the group). So, for the rest of us, we will just download from them instead.
+Quote Post
Foressense
post Aug 14 2006, 11:39 PM
Post #49

Funds Provider
Group Icon

Role: Wannabe Moderators
Enrolled: 16-February 05
Student ID: 824

QUOTE(wanno @ Aug 14 2006, 05:59 AM) *

It's not the end of the world since there is another group subbing it (I don't have to say the name of the group). So, for the rest of us, we will just download from them instead.

HAHA don't make a statement on behalf of everybody else as it isn't necessarily true. Those DVDs aren't too far away laugh.gif .

CLICK ME FOR FORUM RULES!

What is the future that you believe in?
SPOILER
1) Those who search will only do so in vain. What cannot be found may no longer exist. There is only one true path to follow. Can you find it?
2) Deep within the illusions of a dark desire, the footprints left behind carry memories of a lost love. Can you see it?
3) Traveling in opposite directions, a masked storm is fast approaching. Can you feel it?
4) The battle between order and chaos. Can you remember it?
5) The end of the road. Can you believe it?
+Quote Post
aliensporebomb
post Aug 15 2006, 12:20 AM
Post #50

Group Icon

Enrolled: 11-December 05
Student ID: 3,759

I knew the writing was on the wall when Del Rey licensed the manga here in the
United States.

Face it, this is one popular series - whether Funimation is in it for the money or
whether they have a genuine affection for it they paid the cash to license this for
U.S. release, paid to have the translation done and very likely hired an english
vocal cast for the english part of the disc so it's going to be upsetting to them to
hear a group of talented fansubbers undercut their potential profits by giving
away their licensed intellectual property.

That bit of fun-sucking hatefulness is what you'd hear from any legal pro. What
I would say is "thanks for great fansubbing", I'd also say "Ohmer, take a break,
take a vacation, find something you want to do and do it" and to everyone else
who weeps for SR not being freely available - well, it is sad and I'll miss it but
it isn't the end of the world. SR will live on, and I think Wannabe will too - as
there are other series one could potentially fansub.
+Quote Post
wanno
post Aug 15 2006, 01:46 AM
Post #51

Group Icon

QUOTE(aliensporebomb @ Aug 15 2006, 12:20 AM) *

I knew the writing was on the wall when Del Rey licensed the manga here in the
United States.

Face it, this is one popular series - whether Funimation is in it for the money or
whether they have a genuine affection for it they paid the cash to license this for
U.S. release, paid to have the translation done and very likely hired an english
vocal cast for the english part of the disc so it's going to be upsetting to them to
hear a group of talented fansubbers undercut their potential profits by giving
away their licensed intellectual property.

That bit of fun-sucking hatefulness is what you'd hear from any legal pro. What
I would say is "thanks for great fansubbing", I'd also say "Ohmer, take a break,
take a vacation, find something you want to do and do it" and to everyone else
who weeps for SR not being freely available - well, it is sad and I'll miss it but
it isn't the end of the world. SR will live on, and I think Wannabe will too - as
there are other series one could potentially fansub.

The only for US though...... Vast majority of the fans do not live in USA.....

QUOTE(Foressense @ Aug 14 2006, 11:39 PM) *

HAHA don't make a statement on behalf of everybody else as it isn't necessarily true. Those DVDs aren't too far away laugh.gif .

As for those DVDs, do take note that vast majority of the fans in this world (there are hell alot more pple pple living outside USA) do not have the means to get their hands on these DVDs, thats why they relied fan subs to be able to continue watching their favourite animes.

As for the statement, I have complete confident that they will finish the entire season.
+Quote Post
TMSIDR
post Aug 15 2006, 11:27 AM
Post #52

Group Icon

Enrolled: 6-May 06
Student ID: 5,639
My Yagami Idol(s): Eri...closely followed by Yakumo

QUOTE(wanno @ Aug 15 2006, 02:46 AM) *

The only for US though...... Vast majority of the fans do not live in USA.....
As for those DVDs, do take note that vast majority of the fans in this world (there are hell alot more pple pple living outside USA) do not have the means to get their hands on these DVDs, thats why they relied fan subs to be able to continue watching their favourite animes.

As for the statement, I have complete confident that they will finish the entire season.

it's no big problem to get American DVDs via internet, I think most DVD shops ship to nearly all countries in the world, some even don't have shipping fees. Only a credit card is needed (I think it's no big problem to get one if you're over 18).

It makes some sense to me that most fansubbers stop when a title is licensed in the USA, because most people can understand English and are then able to get the DVDs (but what happens if it is licesed in the UK first? rolleyes.gif ).

But I think Funimation won't loose customers if a group like WF would be continuing to fansub the series, because the series will get some free promotion, and this promotion would be better than what they get if another fansub group (let's call them my-father) is the only source to get low quality subtitled versions till the end of next year.

Also this forum and the wiki is also a good promotion....and without WF's fansubs only few people (ouside Japan) would know this series at all.

Nakamura: Are you associating with any lady at the present time?
Harima: If I were, I wouldn't have to go through this much trouble, would I?
+Quote Post
gunrunforfun
post Aug 15 2006, 11:23 PM
Post #53

Group Icon

Enrolled: 15-August 06
Student ID: 6,971

QUOTE(SOzuken @ Aug 10 2006, 03:26 AM) *

Just an official note on behalf of WF that School Rumble Season 1, OVA, and Season 2 has been licensed by Funimation. If you love SR, and we know you do, please buy the official version. I would also like to take the opportunity to remind you that WannabeFansubs, our site and forum, do not distribute any licensed material. We thank all independent distributors for respecting the wishes of any licensor with regard to their licensed works.

Huh. That's funny... I don't remember *post-MFI legal action* SR or SR2 ever being distributed on the site or forum.

:: blink ::
:: twitch ::
:: shifty glance ::
+Quote Post
wanno
post Aug 16 2006, 03:52 AM
Post #54

Group Icon

QUOTE(TMSIDR @ Aug 15 2006, 11:27 AM) *

it's no big problem to get American DVDs via internet, I think most DVD shops ship to nearly all countries in the world, some even don't have shipping fees. Only a credit card is needed (I think it's no big problem to get one if you're over 18).

It makes some sense to me that most fansubbers stop when a title is licensed in the USA, because most people can understand English and are then able to get the DVDs (but what happens if it is licesed in the UK first? rolleyes.gif ).

But I think Funimation won't loose customers if a group like WF would be continuing to fansub the series, because the series will get some free promotion, and this promotion would be better than what they get if another fansub group (let's call them my-father) is the only source to get low quality subtitled versions till the end of next year.

Also this forum and the wiki is also a good promotion....and without WF's fansubs only few people (ouside Japan) would know this series at all.

Err... you have to realise that that the rest of the world is not like USA. Not everyone has the ability to apply for a credit card even if they are pass 18. There are many countries with with a monthly income thats just a fraction of yours.

FYI, over 1/2 of the working population in my country does not meet the salary requirement to apply for a credit card. Its that bad......

IMHO, subbing licensed anime only serves to provide free advertising for the company. Pple buy the DVDs because they like the anime. If pple don't like the anime, they won't even download it even if its available online.

I am not blaming WF for stopping. I fully understand their position and I truely aprreciate what they have done. What I am against is this licensing law. Its time we do something to fight against them.
+Quote Post
mookie
post Aug 16 2006, 05:37 AM
Post #55

Group Icon

Enrolled: 3-August 06
Student ID: 6,829

Gah........i'll only buy the SR DVDs (season 1/2/OVAs) IF they're subbed only.........once i hear terrible english VAs massacring my fond memories of SR i'll convert back to fansubs.

Plus,having to pop in dvds everytime i wanna watch an anime is annoying,and the disc gets scratched easily,looks like i'll have to copy the original dvds and use only the duplicates,ensuring the originals are in mint condition.
+Quote Post
edgeheimdal
post Aug 16 2006, 06:33 PM
Post #56

Dual Sawachika Blade
Group Icon

Enrolled: 25-July 06
Student ID: 6,704

YM still subbing it..
lol they are rebellious biggrin.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image
IPB Image
+Quote Post
mootab
post Aug 16 2006, 07:36 PM
Post #57

back after watching sukuran s.1 24 times!!!!!
Group Icon

Enrolled: 13-July 06
Student ID: 6,576
My Yagami Idol(s): Harima Kenji

QUOTE(edgeheimdal @ Aug 16 2006, 06:33 PM) *

YM still subbing it..
lol they are rebellious biggrin.gif

yeah i'm glad someone's still subbing it, however i am also glad that WF has chosen to stop because i don't want them to get in trouble and stuff, but i'll definitely miss they're outstanding subbing.

IPB Image
KITE BATTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
+Quote Post
AngelsThesis
post Aug 17 2006, 04:00 AM
Post #58

YFC's/Imotou Fan Club's 団長
Group Icon

Enrolled: 31-July 05
Student ID: 3,292
My Yagami Idol(s): Yakumo Tsukamoto

although they still sub it, i find their subbing excrusiatingly horrible =\

btw, will wannabefansubs still put editors notes anyways???

IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Kevin
post Aug 17 2006, 10:58 PM
Post #59

Group Icon

Enrolled: 5-February 06
Student ID: 4,047

QUOTE(gunrunforfun @ Aug 15 2006, 11:23 PM) *

Huh. That's funny... I don't remember *post-MFI legal action* SR or SR2 ever being distributed on the site or forum.

:: blink ::
:: twitch ::
:: shifty glance ::

Interesting point there wink.gif

user posted image
+Quote Post
homeless_homo
post Aug 18 2006, 10:22 AM
Post #60

╭(ಠ_ಠ)╮
Group Icon

Enrolled: 6-August 06
Student ID: 6,866
My Yagami Idol(s): Sarah Adiemus

QUOTE(Cherrybox @ Aug 10 2006, 01:31 PM) *

i prefered the manga anyways.

ya-mom lolz I hope they quit god they're bad

Why dont you try subbing yourself before you talk bullshit about any fansubbing group.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V < Back 1 2 3 4 Next >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th November 2017 - 04:35 AM