SOzuken
post Nov 29 2006, 08:01 AM
Post #1

School Rumble Forever!
Group Icon

Role: Wannabe Admin
Enrolled: 25-November 04
Student ID: 2
My Yagami Idol(s): Tenma-chan as always!

Hi everyone,

It's been a long time since I've written, huh. As founder of WannabeFansubs some 3 years ago, I apologize to those who have had continued faith in us. I feel that I have in many ways also let down myself. I've taken this time off to think about what to say and what to do. All of you who still gather together on the forums made me think that WF still has a job to do, but without Ohmer, what can we do?

I think this marks an ending, and although I want to say that from it will bud a new beginning, that would be too cool, and I'm no Ohmer. But indeed, an ending would be too sad. I still fansub, and I think I will still always have time to do so, and so I'm looking for those who would like to do the same. We will truly start anew. Maybe we will continue to be the WannabeFansubbers, maybe we will not. But as the creator of WF, I surely will try to carry on the principles which led me to the founding and leading of WF.

So, that is it. My last message, my last call on behalf of what is left of Wannabe as a fansub group. If you see yourself as a fansubber, and as so for the next few years to come, then I beg you to please join me on our journey ahead happy.gif.

P.S. I can be reached through e-mail on our forums, on irc, or directly at sozuken (a-t) gmail.com.

Appendix - Sequence of Events 2006
1. WF fansubs School Rumble season 2
2. Ohmer gets girlfriend
3. Ohmer's girlfriend dissuades Ohmer from anime
4. Ohmer disappears
5. Zodi takes over translating
6. Zodi disappears
7. Ohmer reappears to resign
8. taqma/rahxephon start translating
9. School Rumble gets licensed in North America.
10. Many forum moderators start disappearing/resigning
11. rahxephon and ItsFranky disappears
12. taqma calls it quits
13. sssbbb calls it quits
14. SOzuken physically moves to new continent
15. SOzuken, still a fansubber, calls for new blood.

user posted image

"I can't believe it! There's actually somebody who's watched School Rumble only 5 times!" - Hanai khun, School Rumble Freak
"Who are you?" - "Nakamura." - "What?.... Aren't you Eri?" - "No, I'm cosplaying Nakamura cosplaying Eri. " - Keishoumori Dei's answer to horrid cosplaying.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
diapason_89
post Nov 29 2006, 08:43 AM
Post #2

Owning...
Group Icon

Role: Members
Enrolled: 18-September 06
Student ID: 7,273
My Yagami Idol(s): Tenma-sama forever! Bite me...

I think WF should continue its legacy. I may be no moderator, staff, or regent but I have reasons besides School Rumble. You've reached this far from subbing the anime that changed my way of watching anime forever. And the torch must be kept burning and being passed from one generation to the next. If you would let me, I'll join the crusade but don't expect me to be active always since I'm still in high school. I can't handle encoding or technical stuff but I can edit the translated captions. Let's say this is a good start for my college course mass communication.

D-Day 4 is Sarah Adiemus's Birthday!

D-Day 3 is Tsukamoto Yakumo's Birthday!

D-Day 2 is Sawachika Eri's Birthday!

Condition Yellow issued!

In need of the following resources: 20-25 screenshots or pictures of Eri-sama. Please deposit them to the Philippine Faction Headquarters to start Operation: Golden Banquet. Dimensions must be ranging from 426x320 to 640x480.
+Quote Post
Xak
post Nov 29 2006, 12:20 PM
Post #3

Noto now and Forever
Group Icon

Enrolled: 8-April 06
Student ID: 4,645
My Yagami Idol(s): TSUKAMOTO YAKUMO-CHAN!

bah...i'm trying to learn jap but not working out well...i think i can help in checking script (my english is quite ok tongue.gif) and hopefully in the near future i can help out with the technical stuff too (i plan to ask somebody i know to teach me)...

1st Disciple of Nagatoism

IPB Image

Avid Fan of Touhou

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Hitotsu
post Nov 29 2006, 12:32 PM
Post #4

First Class White Fang Berserker Swordmaster of the Gilded Army
Group Icon

Enrolled: 4-May 06
Student ID: 5,577
My Yagami Idol(s): Sawachika Eri

How about we start a mass popularization of SR in the Russian Federation? And why stop there, we might spread it out through Belgium and the Netherlands, and then the entire Europe will follow!

I'm a native Russian speaker so I can easily translate everything to Russian, and use some of my creativity, or what's left of it, to translate the Japanese humor and references into adequate Russian jokes.

Same goes for Dutch subtitles, my Dutch is approximately as good as my English. The Shepard might help out on those if he's interested as well. But that's just a suggestion, though. I've never done much synchronisation of subtitles, but I'll figure it out.

Anyway, though I prefer Russian, I still see the subbing in Dutch as a primary or most promising goal since Belgium and the Netherlands are important central European countries. Note that I'll have to be translating from the English versions (multiple versions to compare and see what it really is about) since my Japanese is still at a just-past-rookie-level. But I sure as hell am willing to cut out some spare time to do my very own fansubbing led by the superiors of WF happy.gif
+Quote Post
BLUE_rex
post Nov 30 2006, 05:11 AM
Post #5

EFC Head of State.
Group Icon

Enrolled: 7-December 04
Student ID: 46
My Yagami Idol(s): only one Eri for me.

Wow, I didn't think the WF group situation was had gotten to this point.

So.....sure SOzuken, sure. I am very much willing to help out with anything except translating. But a new translator is probably the biggest thing you need right now.

IPB Image
+Quote Post
lailaiboy
post Nov 30 2006, 06:52 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Enrolled: 30-November 06
Student ID: 8,069

Is no one stepping up? What has happened, indeed. I couldn't lurk idly by while a post like this was made.

If nothing else, I'll do it. If nothing but to shame those who are actually more qualified than I.

What do you need from a translator? I'll see what I can do.
+Quote Post
wzyote05
post Nov 30 2006, 07:55 AM
Post #7

Shotetsu! Gattai! DOJIBIRON!
Group Icon

Enrolled: 9-April 06
Student ID: 4,680
My Yagami Idol(s): Karerin, Dojibiron Pink!

i wish my japanese was good enough to translate, but sadly, it's not. I can understand RAW's for my own benefit, but not well enough to actually create a sub. I can possibly help with other stuff, but I'm honestly not that great at that stuff, so someone would have to walk me through it.

IPB Image
IPB Image
Karen wants YOU for KFC
Click the sig to go to Karen's Place (aka KFC)
made by everwatcher, modified by Juice
+Quote Post
the shepard
post Nov 30 2006, 09:37 AM
Post #8

Sheepish anime fanboy^^
Group Icon

Enrolled: 26-December 04
Student ID: 247
My Yagami Idol(s): Sawachika Eri

QUOTE(lailaiboy @ Nov 30 2006, 08:52 AM) *

Is no one stepping up? What has happened, indeed. I couldn't lurk idly by while a post like this was made.

If nothing else, I'll do it. If nothing but to shame those who are actually more qualified than I.

What do you need from a translator? I'll see what I can do.

who do you think who are qualified enough?

QUOTE(Hitotsu @ Nov 29 2006, 02:32 PM) *

How about we start a mass popularization of SR in the Russian Federation? And why stop there, we might spread it out through Belgium and the Netherlands, and then the entire Europe will follow!

I'm a native Russian speaker so I can easily translate everything to Russian, and use some of my creativity, or what's left of it, to translate the Japanese humor and references into adequate Russian jokes.

Same goes for Dutch subtitles, my Dutch is approximately as good as my English. The Shepard might help out on those if he's interested as well. But that's just a suggestion, though. I've never done much synchronisation of subtitles, but I'll figure it out.

Anyway, though I prefer Russian, I still see the subbing in Dutch as a primary or most promising goal since Belgium and the Netherlands are important central European countries. Note that I'll have to be translating from the English versions (multiple versions to compare and see what it really is about) since my Japanese is still at a just-past-rookie-level. But I sure as hell am willing to cut out some spare time to do my very own fansubbing led by the superiors of WF happy.gif

great idea i would love to help but i can't speak or read Japanese. I could how ever translate english to dutch.

IPB Image
the shepard - Gunner of the 2nd Shining Wizard squadron and Commander of the Sheep Army.
Best Wheelbarrow rider: theshepard - thanks i am honered to be that! ^^
IPB Image
IPB Image
+Quote Post
SOzuken
post Nov 30 2006, 10:20 AM
Post #9

School Rumble Forever!
Group Icon

Enrolled: 25-November 04
Student ID: 2
My Yagami Idol(s): Tenma-chan as always!

Hi guys. Thanks for some of your enthusiastic replies as usual. I'm not looking for any specific help. I'm looking to rebuild/restructure our team here. If you think you have something to contribute, or the potential to contribute, please come onto IRC and chat with me.

The only prerequisite is that you DO NOT disappear on me without a good-bye in half a year. If you believe you know what it's all about, why not grow together wink.gif For example, if you know enough Japanese to understand raws and are still taking Japanese classes, that's a very good start. You will eventually improve not only on your work at WF, but also personally.

You can read up a bit on fansubbing at: www.fansubbers.org

user posted image

"I can't believe it! There's actually somebody who's watched School Rumble only 5 times!" - Hanai khun, School Rumble Freak
"Who are you?" - "Nakamura." - "What?.... Aren't you Eri?" - "No, I'm cosplaying Nakamura cosplaying Eri. " - Keishoumori Dei's answer to horrid cosplaying.
+Quote Post
diapason_89
post Nov 30 2006, 10:20 AM
Post #10

Owning...
Group Icon

Maybe I could create the first Filipino subtitles for the Filipino people who couldn't understand English properly to enjoy.

Condition Yellow issued!

In need of the following resources: 20-25 screenshots or pictures of Eri-sama. Please deposit them to the Philippine Faction Headquarters to start Operation: Golden Banquet. Dimensions must be ranging from 426x320 to 640x480.
+Quote Post
Xak
post Nov 30 2006, 11:53 AM
Post #11

Noto now and Forever
Group Icon

argh i'm an uber irc noob...

IPB Image

Avid Fan of Touhou

IPB Image
+Quote Post
diapason_89
post Nov 30 2006, 12:40 PM
Post #12

Owning...
Group Icon

Heck, I don't know how IRC works really. I'm just going to hang out with the subtitling.

Condition Yellow issued!

+Quote Post
lefritz
post Nov 30 2006, 01:47 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Enrolled: 12-May 06
Student ID: 5,819

Sorry for not being on IRC much - people who say that uni is just three years of drinking are sorely mistaken. I can still do QCing, hard as that is. And I'll keep the site running as long as you want - I use the server to tunnel out of my horrible network firewall - although I should update it all more... Anyway, yeah, always happy to help however I can.
+Quote Post
Moogster
post Nov 30 2006, 10:29 PM
Post #14

Lol-Tan FTW!
Group Icon

Enrolled: 11-December 05
Student ID: 3,762
My Yagami Idol(s): Obaka-sama

As much as I would like to help because I don't go to school and just lounge all day at home.. I don't know anything about fansubbing.. I'll be checking first www.fansubbers.org maybe I could see something there that can make me help W-F. smile.gif

I'll wipe you all out, Every damn last one of you. - Nyuu
user posted imageuser posted image
My Anime List
Still in construction for more Anime, reviews and other details.
+Quote Post
MelancholyofChase
post Nov 30 2006, 10:34 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

Enrolled: 30-November 06
Student ID: 8,075
My Yagami Idol(s): Eri...no Yakumo...no Eri...No Yakumo...WAAAAAAAA!

Well...uhhh...mhm... I'm only 13 and I'm completely new to the world of fansubbing but I guess if you can help me through it I can possibly help a bit. I have some programs like AegiSub 1.10 Mainly for timing, but also for typesetting and karaoke but then again I still don't know how to use them and I'll get other programs if it's required of me. I don't think I can translate things since I'm Filipino-Canadian. But I'm useful apparently, many people use me, especially for coffee. Anyway Wannabe fansubs is my favourite fansubs, even though I download torrents from other fansubs, wannabe made the biggest effect on me smile.gif .
+Quote Post
wark!
post Dec 1 2006, 08:32 AM
Post #16

Kahn of clan Mikoto
Group Icon

Enrolled: 15-December 04
Student ID: 161
My Yagami Idol(s): Mikoto

Heh, I'm game. I've been inactive for a while and am still rather busy, but WF has never been about speed, has it? wink.gif

I apply for the position of timer. Though still relatively new to it I have done some work in the field. Willing to learn, as always. I'll see if I can catch you on irc to work out the specifics. That is, if you'll have me on your team. happy.gif

IPB Image
IPB Image
+Quote Post
HayashiAska
post Dec 1 2006, 02:13 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Enrolled: 12-April 05
Student ID: 2,491
My Yagami Idol(s): Eri

*Background song: Youkoso! Hitori Bocchi*

After thinking for 2 days...

I think that, soon, RL will absorb me in... But I'm too otaku-fat to be absorbed completely... I need money... I need a life... I need a social life... (>_<)

I can understand quite a bit of the RAWs... I am takin Jap classes... Got a Kanji dictionary in my room... And there's Google...

Count me in only when there's is really no choice... I'm someone like Yamazaki Kaoru...
+Quote Post
Swampstorm
post Dec 1 2006, 07:51 PM
Post #18

Tsundere
Group Icon

Role: Wannabe Moderators
Enrolled: 16-December 04
Student ID: 173
My Yagami Idol(s): The Golden Haired Goddess

I'm still active. Less visible, but I'm still here.

You still have me to attend to your editing (Engrish->English translation) needs, but that can't really go anywhere until we get a transcheck on the pending scripts. From a translating standpoint, Townsocks is pretty good with that sort of thing, but I'm not sure what his thoughts are on that. I nudged him to go talk to you a while ago, so hopefully he remembers. Failing that, you could always nudge him yourself. wink.gif

You'd probably be able to nab a few more people in that department if you've got some transcheck support. It's a scary first step for people who haven't done it before, but it'll feel more comfortable if there's a safety net. What happened to Musashi, btw? If you've still got his legendary prowess on your side, then you're in a pretty solid position.

Didn't you translate a script yourself, once?

On another note, I really like what you're doing. There's a nice little sense of community going on here. You even got wark! to post!

I'll try to get on irc next week. I've been a little lazy as of late.

Actually, I've always been lazy. But I'll try. wink.gif

IPB Image
+Quote Post
diapason_89
post Dec 2 2006, 01:37 AM
Post #19

Owning...
Group Icon

As I said from the previous post, I could apply for the subtitles and the editing, that's all.

Condition Yellow issued!

+Quote Post
Xak
post Dec 2 2006, 10:57 AM
Post #20

Noto now and Forever
Group Icon

ah i can do wat swampstorm does (with 2 lazy people on it there's a chance one isn't feeling lazy and will do it right? XD)

IPB Image

Avid Fan of Touhou

IPB Image
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 Next >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th July 2017 - 04:49 PM