IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  1 2 3 Next >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> School Rumble San Gakki 25, Was great.
Harimo Haria
post Jul 28 2008, 05:18 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Role: Members
Enrolled: 21-June 08
Student ID: 18,940
My Yagami Idol(s): Harima Kenji

I think there is a very very slim chance that they'll remake the rest of season 3 after spoiling everything in between, however, it isn't a total loss. This OVA was simply... school rumble.

I think we've lost touch of what this anime was really about, comedy. We all got too caught up in the drama, in the plot. Fact of the matter is, this anime was created to be a comedy and that was the part we all fell in love with. It was a typical school rumble ending to not have anyone get whom they want, that's how it's been in school rumble. Expect the unexpected because that's definitely going to happen.

Episode 25 was great, it was funny, it had drama, it had action, it was everything school rumble was suppose to be.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
kenjiharima
post Jul 28 2008, 05:29 PM
Post #2

Mizore Shirayuki ~~~bouncy
Group Icon

Enrolled: 20-July 06
Student ID: 6,643
My Yagami Idol(s): Harima Kenji, Eri and Yakumo

School Rumble is not School Rumble without fights and Harima must always be winning man. So long over due that fight with Karasuma.

IPB Image
IPB Image
+Quote Post
silverdragon2229
post Jul 28 2008, 06:35 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Enrolled: 26-January 06
Student ID: 4,010

what i want to know is why they started from the end or at least why they showed us a summary of what happened before. it kinda spoiled the reason i wanted to watch san gakki
+Quote Post
SuperXMSat
post Jul 28 2008, 10:07 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Enrolled: 22-July 08
Student ID: 19,853
My Yagami Idol(s): Harima

I know what you mean silverdragon, it disappointed me that they didn't make 1-24 for san gakki. Especially because I just prefer anime over manga.
+Quote Post
silverdragon2229
post Jul 28 2008, 11:19 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Enrolled: 26-January 06
Student ID: 4,010

QUOTE(SuperXMSat @ Jul 28 2008, 10:07 PM) *

I know what you mean silverdragon, it disappointed me that they didn't make 1-24 for san gakki. Especially because I just prefer anime over manga.

actually they did make episodes 1-24 they just started from 25 then 26 then they will go back to 1.....well thats how i understood they would do it
+Quote Post
Foressense
post Jul 29 2008, 12:26 AM
Post #6

Funds Provider
Group Icon

Role: Wannabe Moderators
Enrolled: 16-February 05
Student ID: 824

QUOTE(silverdragon2229 @ Jul 28 2008, 04:19 PM) *

actually they did make episodes 1-24 they just started from 25 then 26 then they will go back to 1.....well thats how i understood they would do it

On the official website, they made summaries of episodes 1-24 *IF* they were to be animated (which they weren't mad.gif ). At least, that's what they are telling us. For all we know, they could actually eventually release them but that would make episode 25 kind of suck since part of it is a recap.

I still think this was a very odd marketing strategy. It makes sense in a way to bundle the last episodes with the last volumes of the manga, but doing that while skipping all the material that anime-only fans have never seen before really takes away all the suspense and plot that built up to the finale.

Those who have been following the manga already know that the finale was part unsatisfying and part stolen from the FC Rebellion War I competition that took place here on the Wannabefansubs Forum. ph34r.gif

If they never animate 1-24, I will forever feel robbed.

CLICK ME FOR FORUM RULES!

What is the future that you believe in?
SPOILER
1) Those who search will only do so in vain. What cannot be found may no longer exist. There is only one true path to follow. Can you find it?
2) Deep within the illusions of a dark desire, the footprints left behind carry memories of a lost love. Can you see it?
3) Traveling in opposite directions, a masked storm is fast approaching. Can you feel it?
4) The battle between order and chaos. Can you remember it?
5) The end of the road. Can you believe it?
+Quote Post
SuperXMSat
post Jul 29 2008, 01:44 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

Enrolled: 22-July 08
Student ID: 19,853
My Yagami Idol(s): Harima

QUOTE(Foressense @ Jul 28 2008, 07:26 PM) *

I feel the same way. In fact, for me to be able to watch the 25th episode of San Gakki, I actually ended up reading the manga up to around where ep 25 starts off. And to be honest, I've read a few manga but not extensively because my preference is anime over manga.
+Quote Post
lord_jagganath
post Jul 29 2008, 01:55 AM
Post #8

Count du Jagganath, RPG-YFC, Cpt. HMS Juggernaut
Group Icon

Enrolled: 20-April 05
Student ID: 2,597
My Yagami Idol(s): YAKUMO ERI AKIRA Y-E-A, YEA!!!!!

the anime made me d
+Quote Post
DeatH_KiLLz
post Jul 29 2008, 10:46 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

Enrolled: 18-April 08
Student ID: 17,192
My Yagami Idol(s): eri

I think they wanted to rush the series too like the manga so im not expecting them to animate the recap of ep 25

In the first place if they wanted to animate them why would they show ep 25 to us and a recap?
Its just BS to make things easier for them (which is to end SR series in a crappy way)

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Shogun22!
post Jul 29 2008, 08:36 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Enrolled: 3-January 07
Student ID: 8,627
My Yagami Idol(s): Harima, Eri, Yakumo, Imadori...

QUOTE(DeatH_KiLLz @ Jul 29 2008, 06:46 PM) *

I think they wanted to rush the series too like the manga so im not expecting them to animate the recap of ep 25

In the first place if they wanted to animate them why would they show ep 25 to us and a recap?
Its just BS to make things easier for them (which is to end SR series in a crappy way)

What chapters did San Gakki OVA1 cover?
...and how many chapters (from the ones covered in OVA1) till the ending of the SR manga?
+Quote Post
SkoolRumble4YA
post Jul 29 2008, 09:25 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Enrolled: 12-January 06
Student ID: 3,940
My Yagami Idol(s): Yakumo & Eri

Maybe they just wanted to animate the episode 25 and episode 26 a special gift for the manga readers and will air the real sangakki in the spring 09. Well it is just wishful thinking.

IPB Image
IPB Image
+Quote Post
koizumi
post Jul 30 2008, 01:20 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

Enrolled: 22-December 07
Student ID: 14,535
My Yagami Idol(s): Imadori, Tougou, Asou

What chapters did San Gakki OVA1 cover?
...and how many chapters (from the ones covered in OVA1) till the ending of the SR manga?

The OVA starts at chapter 261, and finishes at the start of 266.
SPOILER
So it covers the fight between Harima and Karasuma.

So about 18 chapters between the end of OVA ep 25 and the end of the manga.

IPB Image

+Quote Post
moo
post Jul 30 2008, 01:21 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

Enrolled: 3-December 06
Student ID: 8,128
My Yagami Idol(s): Harima <3

I didn't realize the resemblance when I read the manga laugh.gif
SPOILER
IPB ImageIPB Image
Could be old to you guys though~

+Quote Post
Foressense
post Jul 30 2008, 02:40 AM
Post #14

Funds Provider
Group Icon

Role: Wannabe Moderators
Enrolled: 16-February 05
Student ID: 824

QUOTE(DeatH_KiLLz @ Jul 29 2008, 03:46 AM) *

They better not animate a recap, of a recap. This is School Rumble. This is not Shuffle Memories.

CLICK ME FOR FORUM RULES!

What is the future that you believe in?
SPOILER
1) Those who search will only do so in vain. What cannot be found may no longer exist. There is only one true path to follow. Can you find it?
2) Deep within the illusions of a dark desire, the footprints left behind carry memories of a lost love. Can you see it?
3) Traveling in opposite directions, a masked storm is fast approaching. Can you feel it?
4) The battle between order and chaos. Can you remember it?
5) The end of the road. Can you believe it?
+Quote Post
Gundu-san
post Jul 30 2008, 09:15 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

Enrolled: 8-April 06
Student ID: 4,625
My Yagami Idol(s): Harima Kenji...'Love Express!!'

QUOTE(Foressense @ Jul 29 2008, 10:26 AM) *

On the official website, they made summaries of episodes 1-24 *IF* they were to be animated (which they weren't mad.gif ). At least, that's what they are telling us. For all we know, they could actually eventually release them but that would make episode 25 kind of suck since part of it is a recap.

I still think this was a very odd marketing strategy. It makes sense in a way to bundle the last episodes with the last volumes of the manga, but doing that while skipping all the material that anime-only fans have never seen before really takes away all the suspense and plot that built up to the finale.

Those who have been following the manga already know that the finale was part unsatisfying and part stolen from the FC Rebellion War I competition that took place here on the Wannabefansubs Forum. ph34r.gif

Having finally watched episode 25, I will forever feel robbed anyway. And this will still probably apply after episode 26. I mean, even now if they did animate 1-24, knowing the ending (and not understanding some of the gags, and guessing whats happened in the story) is gonna be a huge letdown (the return of the handcuff seemed like it should have had more impact..). I was strictly gonna go with the anime this term (i read the manga whilst term 2 was airing, and so a bit of spark was lost when watching the anime). So i wanted to focus on the anime, purposely not reading the manga.

I can't believe they'd go down this road. Seeing how term 2 (anime) was a bit of a letdown (esp with the 2 episode fillers, and early pacing issues), I expected more from the third term. Don't get me wrong, episode 25 was great, full of what made school rumble great, jokes and great characters. And I so would want episode 1-24 animated. But the way they've done this is just so....lame

This is especially irritating given that so many lame animes (with sequels) are out there. They should give this one the quality it deserves.

sleep.gif
+Quote Post
Nemo
post Jul 30 2008, 10:46 AM
Post #16

Harima-gumi
Group Icon

Role: Wannabe Staff
Enrolled: 24-January 07
Student ID: 8,966

I have always loved School Rumble episode titles...

But these three are especially good. cool.gif

SPOILER
IPB Image

IPB Image IPB Image
^^
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Exodia
post Jul 30 2008, 07:28 PM
Post #17

Sarah is the damn cutest thing on School Rumble!!
Group Icon

Enrolled: 9-December 04
Student ID: 62
My Yagami Idol(s): SARAH SARAH SARAH!!!

People lets be realistic. Everyone here is pretty much here because of SR.
SR isn't anything small. It has a big fan base, people love it, and theres only to gain from making another season.

How many people here actually read the manga before the anime? - Not me. So dont stress we shall have our anime series.

PS: I haven't been here in years. Whats cooking all?

Forum/Anime Noob
+Quote Post
SkoolRumble4YA
post Jul 31 2008, 01:26 AM
Post #18

Group Icon

Enrolled: 12-January 06
Student ID: 3,940
My Yagami Idol(s): Yakumo & Eri

I gotta keep hope alive that Sangakki full season shall come out. WF just released Sangakki episode 1 go grab it.

Actually it's episode 25 ^^

IPB Image
IPB Image
+Quote Post
absolute terror
post Jul 31 2008, 01:37 AM
Post #19

Group Icon

Enrolled: 11-February 08
Student ID: 15,312
My Yagami Idol(s): yakumo, akira-chan, miko-chin, itoko-sensei

no offense to anyone but this is stupid "S.T.U.P.I.D" ...i've waited for so long and what they have is crapy 2nd grade anime, ep25! who cares about ep26, hey how about those who don't have any access to any manga, those who doesn't read manga? and even if manga is available i'd rather watch anime, is this for real? i can't think of any valid reason for doing this, even marketing strategy is not valid enough, how i wish they didn't do it, at first i thought this is 2nd OVA, but learning it's the ending of the series, come on, even if they eventually show the rest of the series, it's been ruined already, we're not just robbed here, it's a masterfully done screw-job...all hail SR, i'm satisfied enough with SR1,SR OVA,SR2, SR3 for me doesn't exist...too lame...too lame...too lame...too lame...too lame...too lame...and too damn STUPID!!! anyone wants to ban me here fine with me!!! mad.gif
+Quote Post
Nemo
post Jul 31 2008, 01:58 AM
Post #20

Harima-gumi
Group Icon

Role: Wannabe Staff
Enrolled: 24-January 07
Student ID: 8,966

Well AT,

There is really no reason to ban you. WF doesn't hold the rights to School Rumble and we don't make any money from it. We sub it because we enjoy it. If you don't enjoy it, that is up to you.

Read my response here:
http://www.wannabefansubs.info/tenma/index...?showtopic=3767

IPB Image IPB Image
^^
IPB Image
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 Next >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th June 2017 - 06:52 AM