SOzuken
post Mar 5 2006, 03:31 PM
Post #1

School Rumble Forever!
Group Icon

Role: Wannabe Admin
Enrolled: 25-November 04
Student ID: 2
My Yagami Idol(s): Tenma-chan as always!

Series Plot

Ancient Japanese people believe that there exists a diety for everything in this world. From the air you breath to the trees you climb, a diety resides in every single one of them, watching over them. Such diety are called kami in Japanese.

One day, in a small town along by the sea, Junior High Second year Hitotsubashi Yurie announced to her friend that she has become a kami.

However, she doesn't know what kind of a kami-sama she is. To find out, Yurie and her friends begins a journey that would take them on a magical and mystical adventure into the world of dieties, love, and friendship.

Series Information
Total Number of Episodes: 16
TV Episodes: 12
DVD bonus episodes: 4

Available as R2 DVDs. Two episodes per volume. Eight volumes in total.

Instigator's Comment

We started this a month or two back in January when we certainly had no clue to the "official" stuff going on. In fact, I had to keep going since I had nearly half the series done to a certain extent. In any case, Kamichu will continue to remain a WF side-project running along side "anything else" wink.gif we may do. As you can see, the staffing list is a bit unusual that Ohmer is not acting as main translator, meaning he is free to do "other stuff" wink.gif. Why are we doing this? Let's say I have a personal interest in cute middle school goddesses. It's a chance to practice my own Japanese, and from a political point of view... well, the reasons are far to dark to state in public rolleyes.gif

I hope you enjoy it for the people who have never watched it before, and for the people who do, well I hope we can bring you more of the story that melts your heart with cuteness happy.gif

This post has been graded and corrected by SOzuken: Mar 6 2006, 11:52 PM

user posted image

"I can't believe it! There's actually somebody who's watched School Rumble only 5 times!" - Hanai khun, School Rumble Freak
"Who are you?" - "Nakamura." - "What?.... Aren't you Eri?" - "No, I'm cosplaying Nakamura cosplaying Eri. " - Keishoumori Dei's answer to horrid cosplaying.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SOzuken
post Mar 6 2006, 11:45 PM
Post #2

School Rumble Forever!
Group Icon

Episode 01 The Bitterness of Adolescence
2006 March 05

Synopsis
Middle schooler Hitotsubashi Yurie has suddenly become a goddess!? With her friends Mitsue and Matsuri, Yurie decides to find out what kind of goddess she is. Taking poses and calling out chants, she tries many ways but still no answer can be found. An exhausted Yurie returns home only to find out something extraordinary has happened on the tv...!?

Reference to Japanese Official Site

Notes
Well here are some otaku info about the anime Kamichu. This is only for people who really want to know...

The original title of Kamichu is Actually "Kami-sama de Chuugakusei" meaning "A (God)dess that's a middle schooler". Thus this is the origin of the chant "Kamichu" in ep 1.

Yurie's voice role is the voice debut of a singer called MAKO. MAKO is(was?) the leader of the girl group Bon-Bon Blanco that sang the upbeat ending song "Bon Voyage!" of One Piece anime. And's its rumored that MAKO will be voicing Ichijou Karen in School Rumble season 2! Wtf, what happened to Nanri Yuuka??
BTW, MAKO sings the Kamichu ending theme song "Ice Candy"

There are in total of 16 episodes of Kamichu. Each Kamichu episode title is in fact the name of a Japanese Pop song in the 80's and 90's
So for this episode title "Seishun no Ijiwaru (Bitterness of Adolescence)" is the debut song sung by Singer-actress Kikuchi Momoko in 1984.

Episode notes: Omikuji are fortune telling paper slips found at many shrines and temples. Randomly drawn, they contain predictions ranging from daikichi ("great good luck") to daikyo ("great bad luck"). By tying the piece of paper around a tree's branch, good fortune will come true or bad fortune can be averted.

***(Seriously, who the f*ck really cares abt this??) (I care!!! hell, i didn't know that -soz)

user posted image

"I can't believe it! There's actually somebody who's watched School Rumble only 5 times!" - Hanai khun, School Rumble Freak
"Who are you?" - "Nakamura." - "What?.... Aren't you Eri?" - "No, I'm cosplaying Nakamura cosplaying Eri. " - Keishoumori Dei's answer to horrid cosplaying.
+Quote Post
SOzuken
post Mar 8 2006, 10:12 AM
Post #3

School Rumble Forever!
Group Icon

Episode 02 Please, God
2006 March 08

Synopsis
Since Yurie has become a goddess, Matsuri suggests putting up a debut festival to promote her as the town's specialty mascot. And so the girls visit Yashima-sama, the resident god of Matsuri's home Raifuku Shrine. However, Yashima has been missing from the shrine for the past 3 months !? In the search for Yashima-sama, Yurie embarks on a journey to the land of the gods...

Life has taken a turn for our little heroine Hitotsubashi Yurie, now on her way to a full fledged goddess. But becoming a goddess isn't really the most convenient thing in life! So with the help of her friend Matsuri , Yurie takes another step to becoming a real goddess...by having a festival dedicated to her?!? And what's this? Matsuri's household god went missing? Where could he possibly be? (Guest Review by Ohmer)

Notes
Otaku notes: Ok following episode 1, the title of episode 2 is "Kamisama Onegai" meaning "Please, God". This is a 1993 song sung by Ozaki Ami a.k.a. "Momohime" in Momohime Band. Ozaki Ami is a popular Jpop singer during the 80's and some of her recent songs would be the opening and closing songs for Mahou Tsukai Tai! anime(Finally, songs I heard before...)

Episode notes: Kamichu is based on the Japanese religion Shinto. Shinto has its roots in Buddhism and has somewhat a paganistic view that all things in existence has its own inherent god. And all things include both tangible and intangible, meaning concepts have their own gods (e.g. God of Misfortune). Thus u see a VHD god and a LD god...

user posted image

+Quote Post
SOzuken
post Mar 10 2006, 08:05 PM
Post #4

School Rumble Forever!
Group Icon

Episode 03

Synopsis
(coming soon)

Notes
(coming soon)

user posted image

+Quote Post
SOzuken
post Mar 10 2006, 08:06 PM
Post #5

School Rumble Forever!
Group Icon

Episode 04

Synopsis
(coming soon)

Notes
(coming soon)

user posted image

+Quote Post
SOzuken
Post #6

School Rumble Forever!
Group Icon

Episode 05

Synopsis
(coming soon)

Notes
(coming soon)

user posted image

+Quote Post
SOzuken
Post #7

School Rumble Forever!
Group Icon

Episode 06

Synopsis
(coming soon)

Notes
(coming soon)

user posted image

+Quote Post
SOzuken
post Mar 10 2006, 08:07 PM
Post #8

School Rumble Forever!
Group Icon

Episode 07

Synopsis
(coming soon)

Notes
(coming soon)

user posted image

+Quote Post
SOzuken
Post #9

School Rumble Forever!
Group Icon

Episode 08

Synopsis
(coming soon)

Notes
(coming soon)

user posted image

+Quote Post
SOzuken
Post #10

School Rumble Forever!
Group Icon

Episode 09

Synopsis
(coming soon)

Notes
(coming soon)

user posted image

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd January 2018 - 04:09 AM